Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wii Like to Play!

Who would have ever thought that technology would catch up with the idea of getting people off the couch and playing games with the family all while getting a workout? Well finally it has, the Nintendo Wii. Sounds too much like an advertisement doesn't it? Well this past weekend we had some of our friends over for a time of relaxation and friendly competition with Wii Sports. I am ashamed to say this, but now it's Friday, almost a week later, and I am still sore from playing so hard against a machine!

The coolest thing to me though is the fitness test that you can take that will show your Wii fitness age. Well, I had the privilege of allowing my wife try this first so that I could get an idea of all that is required to past the test successfully. After bowling a few frames, hitting a home run or two and playing a fast paced game of tennis, she scored a 62. Not too bad for a 30 year old. So it was my turn, I started out pretty well and then it came time for the bowling. I must say that I did better than I thought I might. Your score is 30, it said. I couldn't believe it. A 33 year old scoring less than his actual age. Unbelievable! Oh, but Michaellynn wasn't finished yet, she was determined to get a better score. So again she put her skills to the test. Your score is ...... 62, again. Needless to say we are going to have to buy a Wii (when we can afford one) just for her to get a better fitness score. Thank you Jason and Angela for bringing the competition back into our marriage! Here are a few pics from our Wii experience:

Bryce bowling a strike! Way to go Bryce!

Brant bowling his heart out!

A friendly display brotherly love while boxing each others ears off!

1 comment:

Across the Miles Photography said...

I am trying to convince Tyler that we need a wii!! It looks like so much fun!