Tuesday, March 4, 2008

For the Record!

I know it has been a while since we last posted, but we have been REALLY busy! Before I talk about the kids or anything else, I would like to set the record straight. I might play the Wii at the level of a 62 year old, but I totally beat my level 30 year old husband!!!! I even have proof and here it is:



I am #2 in the red and Bryan is #4 in the orange.


Okay, now that I have gotten that out of the way I can go on. Well, we finally got the boys haircut last week. It looks soooooo much better. Bryce is still doing really well in basketball. He only has two more games left. I am kind of glad because we will not have to travel to Wilson as often (gas prices are so high!), but I am also going to miss seeing our family so much. We have really had a good time just being with our family every weekend. Two weekends ago Mema (Bryan's Mama) cooked for everybody and it was very tasty. She cooked roasted chicken with lemons and croutons, asparagus, dill potatoes and a really really good 7-up (Sprite) cake. This past weekend Grandaddy and Grandmama (my daddy and mama) cooked for everybody. We had BBQ chicken on the grill with Mama's famous sauce, corn, potato salad, mac and cheese, green beans and rolls! With all this good food, I am doing nothing but gaining weight every weekend! We are going to have to start doing some serious exercising!! The weather has been so nice here the last couple of days that I definitely have Spring Fever! I do not want it to turn cold again, but I am afraid we have only been teased. Here are some pictures of the kids the last couple of weeks:





The boys with their new haircut!





Cooper and Brant at Bryce's Game





Melia found her purse Mema gave her!





Brant riding his scooter with his favorite coat.




Melia with her pigtails and the boys taking a break from playing on Saturday. What a beautiful day to be outside!

Melia with her pigtails and curls in the back.

Bryan. Lazaro, Jackson and Eddie

This last picture was taken Sunday. Lazaro is one of our pastors in Cuba and was able to come for a visit to the United States. He is such an unbelievable guy and was able to speak (in English) for both of our services Sunday morning. He did a great job and we were truly privileged to have him here. I just love how God will use someone or something to give us a new perspective on Him and how blessed we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bryan and Michaellynn,
Let us know when you're having another one of those meals and we'll head to Wilson. Your kids are so beautiful and look just alike. They sure do have a bit of Bryan Hughes in them. I haven't gotten on the Wii since I tried the girls Dance Dance Revolution. I totally embarrased myself and the kids sure did let me know as they sat there and laughed at me the whole time. Oh well!!!! I wish we could get together. Keep in touch and tell everyone "hello" for us.
We love ya'll!
Kim Vail